Lưu ý: Trước khi xem sample answer, các bạn bắt buộc phải xem video Chiến thuật trả lời Speaking Part 2 của mình để biết phương pháp trả lời. Toàn bộ các câu trả lời của mình sẽ đi theo phương pháp mà mình đã nêu và các bạn sẽ thấy Part 2 không còn quá khó như bạn vẫn tưởng
Topic: Describe a famous person you know in your country.
You should say:
- Who the person is
- Why he is famous
- What makes you mention specifically him/ her
- and describe what positive changes this person has brought for your country
- One – minute preparation
- Hoang Xuan Vinh – ended Vietnam’s six-decade wait for the first Olympic gold medal – hero
- 41-year-old serving army colonel – sport not prevalent in Vietnam but he has claimed our position à first ever Olympics gold – history-maker
- our flags was raised, our national anthem was played to the world; upgraded Vietnam’s professional sport to the new level; courageous spirit and the utmost determination
- his great shooting skills, good sportsmanship and warm personality. (ex: moment of champion); principled man (moment of practising)
- Good role model for youngsters and pride of our country.
- Sample Speaking
“I’m gonna talk about one of the most popular person in my country in recent days who just ended Vietnam’s six-decade wait for the first Olympic gold medal. His name is Hoang Xuan Vinh – a hero of Vietnam’s shooting sport.
Well, first of all, I wanna talk about who this person is. Hoang Xuan Vinh is a 41-year-old serving army colonel and he’s also a typical representative of Vietnam’s shooting team. As you can probably know, this type of sport hasn’t become prevalent in Vietnam yet because of its specific requirements of facilities and training but he has claimed our position to the world by winning the first ever Olympics gold medal and becoming a history-maker of my country.
Moving on to the next point of why he is famous. I mean why he wouldn’t be. For the first time in the history, our flag was raised, our national anthem was played to the whole world thanks to him. It can be said that he’s the one that upgraded Vietnam’s professional sport to the new level, the world has now mentioned Vietnam with respect which barely happened before. They even said that Hoang Xuan Vinh’s victory came from the courageous spirit and the utmost determination of the athlete and the people of Vietnam.
What I admire him more apart from his great shooting skills are his good sportsmanship and warm personality. I mean despite of all his fame, he’s not arrogant, doesn’t have big head. I will never forget the moment when they called his name to the champion board, he didn’t step to the board straight away, and instead, he went to his two competitors shaking hands to show his respects. That moment really brightened Vietnam’s images to the world’s spectators. In addition to that, Vinh is also a very determined and principled man. Not everyone knows that in order to stand in glamourous scenery today, he had to spend 3 hours a day just to stand still practising his concentration and a firm brain during the previous years. This will be a valuable lesson and great role model for the youngsters of my country to follow and proud of”
|six-decade wait||6 thập kỷ chờ đợi|
|Môn thể thao bắn sung
Đại tá quân đội
|claim one’s position||Khẳng định vị trí|
|history-maker||Người tạo nên lịch sử|
|national anthem||Quốc ca|
|upgrade||Nâng cấp, nâng tầm|
|courageous spirit||Tinh thần thép|
|utmost determination||Quyết tâm, cố gắng hết mình|
|sportsmanship||Tinh thần thể thao|
|arrogant||Kiêu căng, ngạo mạn|
|big head||= Arrogant|
|champion board||Bục của nhà vô địch|
|glamourous scenery||Hào quang chiến thắng|
|concentration||Sự tập trung|
|role model||Hình mẫu lý tưởng|
If you prepare for this cue card question, you should be able to answer the following cue card topics as well:
- Describe a writer you know about.
- Describe a successful sportsman in your country.
- Talk about a famous person you would like to meet.
- Describe a political leader you admire.
- Talk about a scientist from your county.
- Talk about a person who is well known in your country.
- Describe a person you really admire.
- Describe a successful person from your country.
- Talk about a person who has great contribution in your country.
Latest posts by Annie (see all)
- IELTS Speaking #48 – Topic 2.14: Describe a park/garden you visited and liked/that impressed you. - October 17, 2016
- IELTS Speaking #47 – Topic 3.13: A Place Near Water - October 13, 2016
- IELTS Speaking #46 – Topic 2.13: Describe a place near water (such as a river, a lake or a beach) that you enjoyed visiting - October 10, 2016