Dưới đây là follow up question part 3 cho chủ đề “Describe a famous person you know in your country” mà các bạn đã theo dõi video hôm trước tại đây
- What makes people famous?
- Uhm, Talent is definitely the key point to make someone popular. I mean those who have any gifts in something especially when they are outstandingly different from others could become famous. They can be singers, musicians, actors, athletes, politicians or even photographers. Besides, in today’s scenery, it can be seen that some people can make themselves being known by their looks, you know, hot girls, hot boys who can easily attracts others by their appearance or sometime with little bit of scandals as well. However, this cannot last without a real talent and knowledge. So all in all, if I can put in orders these factors that make people famous, I would go for outstanding talent and then appearance with some specific gifts or deep knowledge.
- What are the differences between a famous person and an ordinary person?
- There is of course a huge difference between a celebrity and a normal person. Firstly, famous people are recognized everywhere and get special treatment wherever they go. For instance, I assume that someone like Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber will get preferential treatment over other customers at a restaurant, don’t you think? Besides, famous people have fans who have celebrity crushes or even real life admiration for them. After all, who wouldn’t like to have their own fans, followers, and worshipers?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of being famous?
- Being famous can be beneficial, I mean, apart from the fact that you are recognized and get special treatment as I mentioned above, it also generally means being richer with many dream opportunities arise but I think the disadvantage will outweigh the advantage. Well, first to realize is they have no privacy, you can never go anywhere in public without having crowds of people follow you, having camera in your face. You are always stalked and judged about every single personal matter of your life. Whatever personal things happen to you will often become common knowledge for everyone. Being famous can also stop celebrities from indulging in the little pleasures of life, which can be very frustrating indeed.
- Why do you think ordinary people are interested in the lives of celebrities?
- It depends on the person. Some people are inspired and motivated by their idols and they naturally would want to know more about the people who have such an outstanding talent. But for most, they are just living vicariously through the lives of others. I mean they’re not actually interested in celebrities – they’re interested in themselves as reflected in celebrities. Millions of tween and teen girls fall helplessly in-crush with pop stars and feel extremely connected to them… and they wouldn’t dream of going out with a ‘real-life’ guy at school anymore. But I’m sure it’s just because they have too much time to waste you know, youngsters. When they get older, those concerns will automatically go away, that’s for sure
Latest posts by Annie (see all)
- IELTS Speaking #48 – Topic 2.14: Describe a park/garden you visited and liked/that impressed you. - October 17, 2016
- IELTS Speaking #47 – Topic 3.13: A Place Near Water - October 13, 2016
- IELTS Speaking #46 – Topic 2.13: Describe a place near water (such as a river, a lake or a beach) that you enjoyed visiting - October 10, 2016