Dưới đây là follow up question part 3 cho chủ đề “Describe a famous person you know in your country” mà các bạn đã theo dõi video hôm trước tại đây
- Why do many people like going to places with water like lakes, rivers or the ocean?
“I guess the main reason is that water has a kind of calming effect on people and when you consider all the stress that people are under these days then I think it’s understandable why people gravitate to places near water. Besides, the view is probably a major factor, no one can resist the breathtaking scenery of the beach, crystal clear water stretching to the horizon and the melody sound of waves crashing against the shore. All makes it worth to enjoy”
|water has a calming effect on people||: Giúp cho người ta thoải mái, relax|
|gravitate||: Đổ về, bị hút về|
|breathtaking scenery||: Cảnh đẹp đến nghẹt thở :p|
|crystal clear||: Trong vắt, trong suốt|
|horizon||: Đường chân trời|
- What do you think of boats and ships as forms of transportation?
“Well, to be quite honest, I’m not really a big fan of boats and ships. If I’m going somewhere, I like to get to my destination quickly, so I prefer travelling by plane. Plus, I often feel panic being in the middle of the sea with unexpected hazards and the water stretching endlessly to the horizon. Of course, ships are vital for the transportation of oil and other heavy cargo but to travel, I don’t think it’s a good idea”
|panic||: Lo lắng, sợ hãi|
|unexpected hazards||: Thảm họa bất ngờ|
|cargo||: kiện hàng|
- What kinds of leisure activities do people like to do in places such as on the ocean or at a beach?
“ All kinds of things really, you know. Some people like doing exciting things like jet skiing or scuba diving while others prefer doing more relaxing things such as just lying down on a deck chair with a book. So it really kind of varies. For instance to me, apart from the time of swimming, I often lie on the beach, build sandcastles or sometimes just simply close my eyes and listen to the sound of the waves crashing against the shore”
|jet skiing||: Môn trượt ván sau tàu cao tốc|
|scuba diving||: Lặn|
|sandcastles||: Lâu đài cát|
- What do you think are the functions of rivers, lakes or the sea nowadays?
- “Well, I think rivers, lakes or the sea, anything belongs to water have various functions. Firstly, they are probably more important coz nowadays, they are used for the transportation of goods in almost all countries. Plus, they can be used as a source of renewable energy in the production of hydro-electric power, and also a source of fresh water for drinking and irrigation. Leisure activities are another function: fishing, canoeing, swimming, bathing…ideal destinations to relax, reenergize and recharge yourself. I’m sure there are many other things I haven’t thought of”
|renewable energy||: năng lượng tái tạo|
|hydro-electric power||: thủy điện|
|irrigation||: thủy lợi|
Latest posts by Annie (see all)
- IELTS Speaking #48 – Topic 2.14: Describe a park/garden you visited and liked/that impressed you. - October 17, 2016
- IELTS Speaking #47 – Topic 3.13: A Place Near Water - October 13, 2016
- IELTS Speaking #46 – Topic 2.13: Describe a place near water (such as a river, a lake or a beach) that you enjoyed visiting - October 10, 2016